The Society of India Radar Meteorology is pleased to invite you to join iRAD 2022 hosted by IIT Bhubaneswar via virtual mode. The 5th Conference on India Radar Meteorology is planned to start with a one-day training program on AI/ML techniques for weather radar and hydrological applications, to train young scientists, researchers, and students working in the field of radar meteorology. The training program will be conducted by highly renowned researchers in their respective field.
The technical sessions of the conference will be held with a span of two days. The technical program highlights breadth of topics that includes all major areas of Radar Meteorology. The planned sessions include, but not limited to the following areas:
- Weather Radar Technology, Radar Calibration and Electromagnetism
- Operational Radar Networks and Products
- Applications of Radar data in Meteorology, Hydrology, and Urban planning
- Quantitative Precipitation Estimation (QPE) and Urban Hydrological Applications
- Microphysical Studies and Dual-polarization observations
- Severe Weather observations and Storm Electrification
- Use of Radar Data for NWP Models
- Moving platforms such as Airborne and Space-borne Radars
- Millimeter Wavelength Radars for cloud observations.
- Wind profiling radars